AMOG measures 13 trace gases. One analyzer measures CO2, CH4, and H2O at 10 Hz, a 2nd measures NH3 and H2S at 0.5 Hz, a 3rd measures CO2, COS, and CO at 0.2 Hz. One fluorescence analyzer measures trace NO, NO2, and NOX at 0.1Hz, a 2nd measures O3 at 0.25Hz, and a 3rd measures SO2, H2S, and combined sulfur at 0.01Hz. Sub-ppb accuracies are achieved for H2S, SO2, NO, NO2, OCS, CH4, and NH3.
Two redundant GPSs measure position at 10Hz from the GLONASS, GPS, Galileo, and QZSS satellites. Meteorology observations include pressure at 0.2hPa and temperature at 0.01°C as well as solar insolation, humidity, and winds.
Science support infrastructure
- 300Ahr solar gel cells
- 3kW Inverter
- 4 kW sine generator
- 3kW double conversion medical grade UPS.
- 23 CFM vacuum scroll pump
- Compressed clean air system (sample line back flush)
- 1000BaseT network, network drive backup
- Solid state thermal regulation of trunk science package
- Touchscreen tablet data integration and visualization
- Internet hotspot for server push